A sacred fruit
Rich in vitamins, minerals and with a powerful antioxidant effect, the pomegranate is a tasty, interesting fruit to cook since it can be used for to salty recipes and desserts; it gives them a delicious sweet and tangy taste.
Couscous Pomegranate Salad:
- For 4 people. Easy. Preparation: 20 minutes. Cooking time: 10 minutes.
- Ingredients: 300 g of couscous. 2 branches of white leeks cut into rings. 1 chopped green pepper. 2 grenade seeds. Lemon juice. 3 to 4 spoons of olive oil. 1 handful of chopped parsley. 1 pinch of salt ; 1 pinch of white pepper.
- Preparation: Steam the leeks for a few minutes. Place the couscous in a slightly hollow dish, pour over half a liter of water and cover with foil for 5 to 7 minutes. Separate couscous seeds with a fork, add oil, lemon, pepper and salt and let cool. Once the mixture is cooled, add leeks, parsley, pepper and finally garnish with pomegranate seeds.
- Tip: you can add raisins to the salad, which should be previously soaked in water so that they soften.
Quinoa pomegranate salad:
- For 4 people. Easy. Preparation: 20 minutes. Cooking time: 8 minutes.
Ingredients: 1 handful of finely chopped coriander. 100 g of fresh pineapple cut into diamonds. 50 g of pistachios. 400 g of quinoa. 2 grenade grains. 4 spoons of olive oil. 1 spoon of pomegranate molasses.
- Preparation: Boil the quinoa grains in 800g of water for about 8 minutes. Remove, drain and let it cool. Season with oil and molasses and add coriander. Decorate with pistachios and pomegranates then place the pineapple slices.
- Tip: you can add 100g of feta cheese, crushed coarsely with a fork.
Pomegranate panna cotta:
- For 4 people. Average. Preparation: 15 minutes. Cooking time: 7 minutes.
- Ingredients: 0,40l of cream flower. 3 grenade grains. 8 tablespoons of rose syrup. 3g of gelling. 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- Preparation: Boil the cream and 4 spoons of rose syrup with 1g of gelling previously dissolved in some water, for 4 minutes. Add the sugar. Pour the cream into 4 glasses, let them cool. Then place the glasses in the refrigerator for about 2 hours for the mixture to be well. Boil 0.3l of water with 4 tablespoons of rose syrup and 2g of gelling for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add grains of pomegranates. Let it cool. Then add them to the panna cotta and place for about 2 hours in the fridge.
- Tip: you can decorate the garnish with minced almonds.