· 1 lemon
· 350g farfalle pasta
· 1 cup (150g) fresh peas or frozen peas
· 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
· 150g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced lengthways
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 zucchini, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally or 8 zucchini flowers (optional, see tip)
· 2 garlic cloves, crushed
· 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
· 300ml thickened cream
· Shaved parmesan, to serve
Use a zester to remove the rind from the lemon. (Alternatively, use a vegetable peeler to peel rind from lemon. Use a small, sharp knife to remove white pith from rind. Cut rind into very thin strips.) Juice the lemon.
Cook the pasta in salted boiling water following packet directions until almost al dente. Add the peas, asparagus and snow peas and cook for 1 minute or until bright green and tender crisp. Drain well.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add the zucchini or zucchini flowers and cook, tossing, for 2 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a bowl. Add garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Add the mustard, cream, lemon juice and half the zest. Bring to the boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Add the zucchini and pasta mixture and toss to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Spoon the mixture evenly among serving bowls. Top with lemon zest and parmesan. Serve immediately.